The United States has deployed three Navy destroyers and approximately 4,000 troops to waters off Venezuela, escalating pressure on President Nicolas Maduro less than two weeks after announcing a $50 million reward for information leading to his arrest, as reported by The Gateway Pundit.
BREAKING: President Trump and SecWar Pete Hegseth just sent out 3 United States Navy destroyers, joined by an attack submarine, near Venezuela to crack down on the cartels. The gloves are finally coming off. pic.twitter.com/nSG9RMlbVd
— Eric Daugherty (@EricLDaugh) August 19, 2025
According to U.S. officials, the Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyers USS Gravely, USS Jason Dunham, and USS Sampson have been dispatched to the southern Caribbean.
The deployment is part of an operation aimed at combating threats posed by Latin American drug cartels, which the Trump administration has designated as global terrorist organizations.
Estas tres bellezas se están acercando a las costas de Venezuela o ponte si ya no llegaron. USS Gravely, USS Jason Dunham y USS Sampson#VenezuelaLibre #MarCaribe #HayMaduro pic.twitter.com/hOjUZ6QfYn
— Catg. (@CarlosTDrums) August 19, 2025
A U.S. official told Reuters that in addition to the destroyers, the broader mission will include several P-8 reconnaissance aircraft, additional naval warships, and at least one attack submarine.
Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement
The deployment, involving sailors and Marines, is expected to last for several months and will include intelligence and surveillance operations in international waters and airspace.
The ships could also serve as platforms for potential targeted strikes against cartel infrastructure and assets.
President Donald Trump has previously vowed to use military power to disrupt Latin American cartels, which his administration formally labeled terrorist organizations in February.
Among those groups are Mexico’s Sinaloa Cartel, other major gangs in the region, and Venezuela’s Tren de Aragua criminal network.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Maduro responded to the deployment on Monday in a televised address, warning that Venezuela would defend its sovereignty.
“Venezuela will defend our seas, our skies and our lands,” he said, referring to what he described as “the outlandish, bizarre threat of a declining empire.”
Trump deploys U.S. warships near Venezuela. Maduro mobilizes 4.5M militia in response. ⚡ A standoff of warships vs. militias — part tension, part strategy pic.twitter.com/Ok6zPW7Wd6
— Zeeshan Mahmood (@im_ill_informed) August 19, 2025
The U.S. initiative follows a March announcement offering $50 million for information leading to Maduro’s capture, as Washington continues to increase diplomatic and military pressure on Caracas.
The Trump administration has maintained that the growing presence of transnational cartels in Latin America poses a direct threat to U.S. national security.
Officials say the latest deployment highlights a coordinated effort to strengthen surveillance, disrupt smuggling routes, and restrict the operational reach of criminal groups tied to drug trafficking.
The operation is expected to continue through the coming months, with U.S. forces conducting surveillance patrols and intelligence gathering across the southern Caribbean region.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AirItOutBro.com. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Join the Discussion
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.