A Maryland woman whose husband was killed during a carjacking told former CNN host Don Lemon that she supports President Donald Trump’s plan to send the National Guard into Baltimore to address violent crime.

The exchange occurred Friday during a livestream on Lemon’s YouTube channel.

Trump has argued that Baltimore is “out of control” and “crime ridden,” suggesting federal intervention is necessary to restore public safety.

The woman, who said she has lived in Maryland her entire life, told Lemon that the city’s crime crisis has personally affected her family.

Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement

“I’ve been a resident of Maryland all my life, so I think it would help some,” she said when asked about Trump’s proposal.

Lemon pressed her on why she believed it would make a difference.

“Coming from a family that was broken up — my husband was murdered two years ago and nothing was ever done,” she said.

The woman explained that the murder happened in front of her home.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Following ongoing debates over border security and immigration policy in 2026, do you support stricter enforcement measures?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from Common Defense, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

“It was a carjacking gone wrong and they shot him in his head,” she said. “Killed him instantly … but again, our lovely mayor didn’t do nothing.”

She told Lemon that the suspect was never caught.

“So, you want to see it?” Lemon asked.

“Yes. I want justice,” she replied.

The widow’s comments came as Democratic leaders in Maryland have opposed the use of the National Guard to address crime.

Maryland Governor Wes Moore has rejected the idea of deploying troops to Baltimore, maintaining that crime should be handled through local and state resources.

According to Baltimore Mayor Brandon Scott’s office, there have been 91 murders and 218 nonfatal shootings in the city in 2025 as of Monday.

President Trump has already invoked federal authority in the nation’s capital.

On August 11, he deployed the National Guard to Washington, D.C., under Section 40 of the District of Columbia Home Rule Act.

The move brought additional officers to the city in coordination with local law enforcement.

Democratic Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser acknowledged the impact of the federal deployment in an August 27 press conference.

“We greatly appreciate the surge of officers that enhance what MPD has been able to do in this city … for carjackings, the difference between this period, this 20-day period of this federal surge, and last year represents a 87% reduction in carjackings in Washington, D.C.,” Bowser said.

On Tuesday, Bowser issued an order extending Trump’s executive directive keeping federal officers active in the district alongside Metropolitan Police Department officers.

The federal surge in D.C. has led to hundreds of arrests.

According to a White House official speaking to Daily Caller White House correspondent Reagan Reese on Wednesday, there were 92 arrests in the capital on Tuesday night alone.

Forty of those arrested were identified as illegal aliens, with some facing charges for violent crimes, including murder.

Trump has also floated the possibility of sending the National Guard into Chicago, Illinois, to address ongoing violence there.

The remarks from the Maryland woman reflect growing calls from residents for stronger measures to combat violent crime as major cities continue to struggle with rising incidents of carjackings and shootings.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AirItOutBro.com. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.