President Donald Trump announced Tuesday that the U.S. military carried out a strike against a drug-trafficking boat from Venezuela in the southern Caribbean.

The remarks came during a news conference held in the Oval Office, where the President detailed the action.

“Over the last few minutes, [we] literally shot out a boat, a drug-carrying boat,” Trump said.

“A lot of drugs in that boat. And you'll be seeing that, and you'll be reading about that. It just happened moments ago.”

Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement

The President said that many drug boats have been emerging from the country, noting that the U.S. military “took it out.”

Shortly after the announcement, Secretary of State Marco Rubio posted additional information on X, confirming the strike and providing context.

“As @potus just announced moments ago, today the U.S. military conducted a lethal strike in the southern Caribbean against a drug vessel which had departed from Venezuela,” Rubio wrote.

Rubio also noted that the boat was being operated by a group designated as a narco-terrorist organization.

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Following ongoing debates over border security and immigration policy in 2026, do you support stricter enforcement measures?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from Common Defense, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

His statement reinforced the administration’s ongoing effort to target international drug trafficking networks that pose a threat to U.S. security.

The military strike highlights the administration’s continued focus on combating narcotics operations connected to Venezuela.

U.S. officials have long cited concerns that drug trafficking organizations use the country as a departure point to move large quantities of illegal substances through the Caribbean and beyond.

President Trump did not provide further details on the number of fatalities or arrests that may have resulted from the strike, and no additional information was released by the Department of War at the time of his comments.

The lethal action follows a broader U.S. strategy aimed at disrupting international narcotics operations in the region.

The administration has previously emphasized that drug cartels and related groups not only fuel addiction and crime but also generate revenue streams for designated terrorist organizations.

Tuesday’s announcement underscores the coordination between the White House, the State Department, and the U.S. military in addressing threats from organized narcotics trafficking.

While the immediate operational details remain limited, both Trump and Rubio stressed that the strike was successful in eliminating the vessel and its illicit cargo.

The situation continues to develop as officials await confirmation of any casualties and further operational assessments.

At present, the administration has not disclosed the exact location of the strike or which branch of the military conducted the operation.

The announcement marked another instance of the administration publicly highlighting actions against international drug networks in real time.

As Trump noted, “you'll be seeing that, and you'll be reading about that,” pointing to the likelihood of additional reporting and official updates as information becomes available.

The U.S. government maintains that narcotics operations originating from Venezuela represent a significant threat, and Tuesday’s strike reflects a policy of direct and forceful action against those networks.

Further details are expected as intelligence and operational reports are processed.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AirItOutBro.com. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.