In the wake of the bold and highly coordinated U.S. strike on Iran’s key nuclear facilities, Secretary of War Pete Hegseth pushed back forcefully against what he called premature and low-confidence reporting on the operation’s effectiveness.
The mission, which utilized some of the most advanced and powerful weaponry in the U.S. arsenal, was labeled “an historically successful attack” by Hegseth in a combative Thursday press conference.
The operation targeted Iran’s Fordo, Isfahan, and Natanz nuclear sites using 14 massive bunker-busting bombs and more than 75 precision-guided weapons. In total, over 125 American aircraft participated in the raid—a clear demonstration of America’s military dominance and technological edge.
Initial media reports, citing a preliminary Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) assessment, suggested the strike may have only set Iran’s nuclear program back by “months.”
Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement
MORE NEWS: U.S. Army Apaches and Navy Seahawks Obliterate Iranian Boats Blocking the Strait of Hormuz
But Hegseth dismissed those conclusions as early speculation, saying, “This was an historically successful attack,” while adding that the DIA report was “preliminary” and based on “low-confidence” data.
Alongside Hegseth stood Gen. Dan Caine, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who provided a detailed briefing on the precision strike.
He described the targeting of ventilation shafts designed to penetrate the underground sites, emphasizing, “The weapons all guided to their intended targets and to their intended aim points.” Caine further noted that the bombs “exploded as planned,” affirming the flawless execution of the mission.
Both leaders refrained from commenting directly on whether enriched uranium had been moved prior to the strikes, but Hegseth made it clear he had seen no intelligence to suggest anything had been relocated.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
“I’m not aware of any intelligence that I’ve reviewed that says things were not where they were supposed to be,” he stated.
While critics and skeptical journalists attempted to cast doubt on the operation’s strategic impact, the administration backed its claim of success with fresh intelligence.
CIA Director John Ratcliffe added critical weight to the case, citing “new intelligence from a historically reliable and accurate source/method,” and asserting that Iran’s nuclear infrastructure had been “severely damaged.”
Israel and other international allies, including sources within the United Nations, reportedly corroborated the U.S. intelligence findings, strengthening the administration’s stance that the strike was not only justified but remarkably effective.
President Trump, attending a NATO summit in the Netherlands, did not mince words. “It was obliteration, and you’ll see that,” he said, doubling down on the administration’s confidence in the results.
Predictably, partisan backlash ensued, with Democratic lawmakers fuming over the administration’s delay of a classified briefing from Tuesday to Friday.
But this strategic delay allowed the intelligence community and the Department of War to present a clearer, more comprehensive picture of the strike’s effectiveness—cutting through the political theater with hard evidence and operational facts.
In a nod to the bravery and coordination of American forces, Hegseth and Caine praised the troops involved, from the pilots to the intelligence analysts. This kind of precision and execution, they argued, is not easily matched by any nation on Earth.
It was a firm reminder that under strong, unapologetic leadership, American military might remains unmatched and unrelenting.
Iran’s response to the strike was limited—launching a barrage of ballistic missiles at a U.S. base in Qatar.
However, nearly all were intercepted, and no casualties were reported. It was a symbolic gesture rather than a strategic counterattack, further signaling Tehran’s awareness of its exposed position.
Although Iran maintains that its nuclear enrichment program is for civilian purposes only, its recent behavior and years of clandestine development have left the international community rightfully skeptical.
This strike, then, served not only as a military maneuver but as a geopolitical statement: the United States will not tolerate ambiguity when it comes to nuclear threats.
As the dust settles, the consensus within the administration is that deterrence has been restored.
While others hedge and question, Secretary Hegseth and his team have stood firm, backed by actionable intelligence, mission success, and international validation.
The message is unmistakable: America is back in command, and its enemies are on notice.
WATCH BELOW:
Join the Discussion
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.