Tom Homan, tapped by President Donald Trump to serve as border czar following Trump’s 2024 reelection victory, revealed that he is currently living apart from his wife due to ongoing death threats related to his role, as reported by The New York Post.
In an interview with New York Post columnist Miranda Devine on her new podcast Pod Force One, Homan shared that his duties and personal safety concerns have taken a toll on his family life.

“My wife’s living separately from me right now, mainly because I worked for many hours, but mostly because of the death threats against me,” Homan said.
Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement
“She’s someplace else. I see her as much as I can, but the death threats against me and my family are outrageous.”
Homan also reflected on the demands of his role in immigration enforcement and the sacrifices it has required over the years.
“I spent a lot of time with my boys growing up, but as I got more and more — climbed the ladder of what I’ve done with ICE director and now back — I don’t see my family very much."
Trump appointed Homan as border czar just days after securing victory in the 2024 presidential election. The position puts Homan in charge of overseeing the administration’s mass deportation initiative, which the president has described as a key national security priority.
This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year
Homan previously served as the acting director of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) during the Trump administration but stepped down in 2018 after the Senate stalled his permanent nomination over objections to his enforcement record.

During the interview, Homan recalled the moment Trump asked him to return. “I was the first person he called, bringing back, which, again, was a proud moment,” Homan said.
He explained that he had been out to dinner with his wife when the call came through. “My phone rang, and I looked down, and it says, ‘POTUS.’ And my wife says, ‘He’s asking him to come back, isn’t he?’ ”
“So I walked outside, and the first thing he said to me was, ‘You’ve been bitching about it for four years. Well, come back and fix it.’ So how do you say no?” Homan said.
The interview is set to air Wednesday on Pod Force One. Homan continues to play a central role in the administration’s immigration policy, while facing personal threats tied to his enforcement efforts.
The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AirItOutBro.com. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.
Join the Discussion
COMMENTS POLICY: We have no tolerance for messages of violence, racism, vulgarity, obscenity or other such discourteous behavior. Thank you for contributing to a respectful and useful online dialogue.