A 41-year-old male passenger aboard an easyJet flight from London to Glasgow caused a mid-air emergency on Sunday morning after allegedly threatening to detonate a bomb and directing violent threats at President Donald Trump, who was visiting Scotland at the time.

The incident occurred on flight EZY609, which departed from London’s Luton Airport and was en route to Glasgow when the man began shouting after exiting the aircraft’s lavatory.

The aircraft was flying near President Trump’s location at the Turnberry golf course in South Ayrshire, approximately an hour from Glasgow Airport.

According to witness accounts reported by The Sun, the man began shouting “Allahu Akbar!” and loudly threatened violence against the United States and President Trump.

Here's What They're Not Telling You About Your Retirement

“I’m going to bomb the plane! Death to America! Death to Trump!” the suspect yelled, triggering alarm among passengers and crew.

Footage captured on board showed fellow passengers swiftly responding to subdue the suspect.

“At that point, one guy managed to grab him from behind and pull him down, then everyone jumped on top of him,” a witness said.

“He was fighting a bit on the floor, but at this point, he knew he’d f**ked up.”

This Could Be the Most Important Video Gun Owners Watch All Year

Following ongoing debates over border security and immigration policy in 2026, do you support stricter enforcement measures?

By completing the poll, you agree to receive emails from Common Defense, occasional offers from our partners and that you've read and agree to our privacy policy and legal statement.

Passengers held the suspect on the ground while others criticized him for the threats, describing him as an “idiot” for endangering innocent people on board in an apparent attempt to make a statement targeting the President.

The plane made an emergency landing at Glasgow Airport, where authorities met the aircraft and removed the suspect from the flight.

Police conducted a search of the aircraft and confirmed that no explosives were found. Law enforcement officials took the man into custody on the runway.

As police escorted the suspect off the plane, he asked aloud about his missing phone and wallet.

One passenger responded by shouting an expletive, prompting laughter throughout the cabin.

In a public statement, Police Scotland confirmed that the suspect had been detained and said the incident remains under investigation.

“There is no evidence at this time of any coordinated threat to the public,” police stated.

Authorities indicated that the man appeared to have acted alone.

A spokesperson for easyJet addressed the incident in a formal statement: “Flight EZY609 from Luton to Glasgow this morning was met by police on arrival in Glasgow, where they boarded the aircraft and removed a passenger due to their behavior onboard.” The airline added, “The safety and wellbeing of our customers and crew is always easyJet’s highest priority.”

President Trump had arrived in Scotland earlier in the week for a visit to his Turnberry property, a golf resort he has owned since 2014.

Security measures had already been heightened in the area due to the President’s presence, but there is no indication that the suspect had any direct connection to the location.

Officials have not released the name of the suspect and have not confirmed whether terrorism-related charges will be filed.

The suspect remains in custody as authorities continue their investigation.

Warning: Account balances and purchasing power no longer tell the same story. Know in 2 minutes if your retirement is working for you.

The opinions expressed by contributors and/or content partners are their own and do not necessarily reflect the views of AirItOutBro.com. Contact us for guidelines on submitting your own commentary.